Thinking about installing a hardwood staircase? There are so many reasons why having wood flooring for your staircase is the best choice, but it’s important to know everything regarding its appearance and safety. Read on to find out the pros and cons of having a hardwood staircase:
- Hardwood staircases do not accumulate as much dirt and debris as other options like carpet. This means cleaning will be quick and easy.
- Stains won’t be a concern; if you ever spill something, it’s easy to just wipe up.
- If the flooring area surrounding your staircase is also hardwood, having your staircase match is a great way to make your home look seamless and consistent.
- Hardwood flooring is versatile. It can have a modern look and feel to it while also being a timeless classic.
- The belief that hardwood can be slippery, making it dangerous for small children and the elderly. This is not the case and is a simple fix, as you just need no-slip stair treads or a hand railing to help with stability.
- Hardwood can be pricier than other flooring material, though not always. And having hardwood will increase the value of your home, making for a great return on investment.
In the end, having a hardwood staircase is a great choice for your home. Have any more questions regarding hardwood staircases? Contact the flooring experts at Signature Hardwood Floors and schedule your FREE virtual estimate. You can call us at 410.415.0755 or click here today! You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram!